Just visiting...

Sunday, February 5, 2017
























Summer lingers long here at Sunnyside.  The days are hot, hot, hot & our air conditioning is just hanging on for dear life.  Days of temperatures peaking over 40 degrees (Celsius) make everyone's tempers short.  Laziness takes over & I find people laying around under air vents all over the house, trying desperately to capture the little coolness it has to offer.  Just when you feel like you can't take it any longer, God sends us a cool spell & the outside beckons us all.  Bikes are the favorite mode of transport & we have many different sizes that race around the farm!  As for me, there is just so much garden work to catch up on during those days of coolness!  

We're finishing our summer holidays & beginning our 2017 school year tomorrow!  I always begin the summer holidays with endless ideas of what I should be able to accomplish during the break.  Sadly, much on my list still awaits completion & I dare say it will for a while yet.  However I have six children who are healthy, happy & more settled than ever so I do believe good has been done!  

My parents visited us - thankfully before the heat really decided to visit - & we had a wonderful time with them.  They got to meet Mr. Preschool (who, by the way, has a new title of "Mr. Schoolboy", but that's another post in itself).  It was lovely to have Mum & Dad here & to really spend some lazy time with them.  Our schedule was empty, as everything takes a break over summer holidays, & so we  could sit & chat & cook & cook.... (because, let's face it, people here love to eat & eat!).    We did save our annual cherry picking trip for their visit.  They had never seen cherries on a tree before & they also just happen to be Grandma's favorite fruit.  We enjoyed the time, although I certainly knew we had younger kiddos again as they tired much more quickly than the bigger ones did.  As the cherry orchards are located near the Chinese Gardens, we packed a picnic lunch & visited there as well.

One of my favorite things to do is to visit gardens. Maybe it's because it is generally quiet & peaceful (well, until we arrived).  The boys preferred the ducks & geese that were swimming over the ponds, but I think my favorite thing was the beautifully scented flowers.  All I know is that I love the chance to spend time there relaxing & just taking it all in! 

I hope to find time to blog again.  I desperately miss it, but will always put my family before my hobby!  This past year has seen a lot of changes in our family & it has taken a whole lot of time & energy ( & prayer - loads of prayer).  I finally feel that life is beginning to get a little normal again, so hopefully I can slip on here occasionally & post some of my many pictures.  

Have a wonderful day friends
Blog Widget by LinkWithin